Are you someone who believes that applying moisturizers and creams does all the good to your skin? If yes, then this is a must-read for you.
You must be practicing a lot of skin care tips to maintain a healthy and flawless skin, but all in vain. Well, there could be several reasons for it. Do you know that you are unintentionally hurting your skin daily through exposure to pollution, scorching sun rays, and other environmental factors?
Not just that, there are several instances in our day-to-day life which have a major toll on our skin. Let us take a quick glance into a few instances.
- Smart devices can damage your skin cells: It is crystal clear that smart devices have been mastering us so much so that life without these devices is sheer misery. Be it a laptop, tablet, or a smartphone, you spend most of your day on any of these devices or on the combination of these devices. But do you know how much these devices are costing on the health of your skin?Studies show that these smart devices emit blue light known as high-energy visible light (HEV) and radiation which penetrate the skin more than UV rays from the Sun. Over the time, these rays impact the DNA in the cells and accelerate the ageing process. They can also become the underlying reasons for many skin diseases.
- Major threat from a microwave: The convenience a microwave offers in this busy life is beyond comprehension and has become an undeniable utility. But, do carrying your kitchen chores seem frantic without a microwave oven? If yes, you will be alarmed to know that the radiation from a mere microwave could cause damage to your skin on prolonged usage.To be precise, researches have shown that microwave ovens emit cancer-causing agents and cause cancer eventually. It is also proven that using microwaves for either cooking or reheating the food deprive the food of its nutrients and other vitamins such as vitamin C. So, while using microwave occasionally is acceptable, using them on a daily basis should not be encouraged.
- Chucking the junk food: Have you ever thought why certain foods are called junk? It is simply because they do more harm to your body than good. It is a known fact that junk foods make you obese and cause stomach disorders. But, not everyone is familiar with the fact that eating junk foods regularly can make their skin look dull and lifeless.This is because junk foods are highly processed and are loaded with a lot of oil, fats, and salt to enhance the taste of food. These ingredients dehydrate the skin and cause breakouts and acne. These foods also make your body release excess sebum and make your skin oily.
So, if you are someone brooding over the bad state of your skin, start eating your greens to make your skin supple and fresh.
- Beauty treatments and products: The unending list of beauty products you are applying on your skin daily may contain harmful chemicals, preservatives, parabens, and added colours. On frequent application of these products, the chemicals in them go deep into the skin and damage the skin from inside. Persistent usage of these products will also speed up the onset of wrinkles.So, it is wise to take a look at the ingredients before purchasing a beauty product and wiser to opt for organic creams.
- Protect yourself from Pollution: With a rapid increase in vehicles and industries, the pollution levels in the air have far reached the permissible levels. The toxic chemicals, pollutants such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, etc., are polluting the air to great extent. These elements are not only harmful to the lungs, but they also have negative impact on the skin. They cause rashes and other skin related diseases.So, it is important to cover yourself well when you are stepping out of the house. You can also curb the harm done by the pollution by washing yourself with water once you are back home. And, when there is prolonged exposure to these chemicals, you should cover your body with gloves, masks and scarves.
You can maintain your skin well by following the tips below:
- Drink plenty of water
- Moisturise yourself
- Eat fresh foods
- Eat salads, greens, and fruits
- Apply sunscreen
- Cover yourself well
- Maintain good hygiene
Even after pampering your skin well, if the skin issues persist, you can talk to a dermatologist and get treated well. You can even choose to consult a dermatologist online to get necessary suggestions on the go. For usage of medications, you may contact online pharmacies and order medicines online with doorstep delivery.